Wednesday 9 November 2011

The On-Demand world.

As a systems developer in this 'on-demand' world of ours, managing the expectations of users is continually becoming more important.  We have instant online access to so many  products and services in our world that if you are not providing this service, it is a big deal.

My teams current projects at Leeds Trinity are aimed at enhancing the on-demand provision for our students.  Personalised timetables, on-line registration and management of professional placements to name but a few.  I  feel pressure as a developer to get this functionality out to our student body as I know students now expect this to be available, and to be honest, so would I.

I think this is the reason that keeping users informed, so they are aware of what enhancements are coming is vitally important.  Managing their expectations of what we can deliver and when, give them the option to feed in to developments making them apart of it is important.

***Profound thought Warning!***
An interesting thought that struck me while i wrote this, is a consequence of our on-demand world a gradual reduction in human patience?

No comments:

Post a Comment